Monday, May 20, 2013

Liz Earle Skincare

Liz Earle is a brand that I've used with my Sister and my Mum for near on three years now. I use her products every single day and they have become such a staple in my skincare regime, so this is a review I have really been looking forward to doing. Liz's philosophy is 'naturally active' skincare, which for me is a complete selling point in itself. I think I speak for many of us if I say that 'natural' and 'active' are probably the two chief qualities we want to find in a product: something that is going to be kind to our skin but also give us those results! With Liz Earle, you absolutely get this.

Their entire range of products maintain a commitment to high quality yet safe ingredients. Most of their formulas are infused with natural source Vit E, which I personally always look for in a product, particularly moisturisers. If you see this anti-oxident, you know your skin is going to gain some good, organic nutrient. Plant oils and extracts are also on all the ingredient lists, as opposed to those genetically modified nasties. And for even more brownie points, Liz Earle are genuinely concerned with the environment and manufacture their packaging in a way that has a minimal negative impact.

Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
This is my all-time favourite skincare product and the king of all cleansers. The consistency of the formula is perfect and feels so rich and nourishing on the skin. The chamomile and cocoa butter means that it is super gentle - ideal to try out if you have sensitive skin. Eucalyptus Oil is also on the list - and essential oil which for years has been recommended in combination with cocoa butter, as an antibiotic ointment for bites and scratches. So ideal for clearer skin and getting any breakouts under control. Also, despite how light the cleanser feels, it is so effective at removing makeup and those stubborn dregs of mascara. The pump applicator will give you the perfect amount of product and also helps to ensure you get the most out of the bottle! To remove the cleanser, I use the Liz Earle Pure Muslin Cloth, which is exfoliating yet not too abrasive on the skin and helps to dislodge impurities and dead skin cells. This really is the wow-factor of the 'polish' regime and leaves your skin feeling completely pampered. Since I first used this years ago, I have used it every morning and evening to remove any cleanser, treatment or mask I've applied to my skin. It's amazing and has also saved me a lot of money on exfoliators! This product is absolutely wonderful and has won endless awards, including Best Cleanser in the Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards last year- rightly so.


Instant Boost Skin Tonic
This is a wonder toner. The infusion of chamomile and aloe vera leaves your skin super-soft, however also wide-awake. Cucumber extracts make you feel really revitalised and if I have tired or puffy eyes in the mornings, which unfortunately seems to be happening more and more, I dilute the formula and soak cotton pads for a 'DIY' pick-me-up. Also, if the cleanser has left any traces of makeup for you to deal with, this is sure to remove it. If I'm in a real rush in the mornings then I will just sweep this over my face and I feel good to go. Liz Earle claim that the scented geranium, lavender and sweet orange scent will restore and revive your spirits and they're right, once again.

Skin Repair Moisturiser (Normal/Combination)
Endlessly conscious of different skin-types, which I always love in any range, this moisturiser varies its formula to suit your skin. At the moment I'm using the normal/combination pot - as we are moving into summer now my skin is becoming slightly more oily, so I don't need the same hydration as I do in the winter months. This product is such a treat for the skin after you've 'polished'. The cream is really absorbing and light as a feather, however the Vit E ensures you get that essential moisture. I love that this product contains echinacea and I think it's actually the only product I have used that contains this herby health agent. The medicinal benefits of echinacea have only been made explicit to us quite recently, but ultimately, it is an amazing 'immuno-stimulator'. Mum always gives me tablets of it if I'm struggling with a cold. However, in skincare terms, it has powerful anti-inflamatory properties so could be really useful for those struggling with acne or eczema.


Overall, it goes without saying that this little trio of natural skincare products are super dooper. I've been recommending them for months and know that I will continue to do so for a long time into the future! The Liz Earle range is available online or from John Lewis here, however I tend to keep an eye on QVC as they always have amazing deals to snap up. 'Pampering yet affordable' as the Liz Earle team themselves put it, these really are re-purchase, re-purchase, re-purchase products. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig