Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Purple Giants

My next few posts are going to have a little bit of a colourful theme, showing you guys what I'm using at the moment and snippits of my beauty collection in bursts of colour. As its Summer and everything is beautiful - why not! So first off, I'm going for purple and I actually love every single one of these products, I could even call them my 'purple favourites'..


Baylis & Harding Body Lotion: Black Pepper and Ginseng
First up, is this super lovely body lotion from Baylis and Harding. You can't go wrong with one of these little beauties and I actually bought this to take away on holiday with me as it's the perfect size to use up in a week...
However, I then forgot to pack it, so I am enjoying it using it now! Formulated with ginseng and black pepper, this lotion feels so invigorating on the skin - I use it in the morning after showering and find it thoroughly refreshing. You can find it on the Baylis and Harding website, here.

Manuka Doctor ApiNourish Repairing Skin Cream
If you haven't already read any of my ranting praise for the Manuka Doctor range, and bee venom in general, then have a read of this post. But for now, I'm going to contain my excitement and talk about this wonder moisturiser from the ApiNourish range. I will repurchase this for a very long time because it is just so hydrating on the skin. The formula combines the benefits of bee venom with Vitamin E, to aid the renewal of damaged skin cells as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines. Manuka Doctor claim that this cream, which has more of a gel like consistency actually, will improve the appearance of the skin in just four weeks. I've been using the entire range as part of my everyday skincare regime for a couple of months now and I cannot imagine not using this every morning. It hydrates my skin all day and sits perfectly underneath my primer. It is quite pricey, but so so worth it. You can purchase from Superdrug in full size here, for £24.99.

John Frieda Tone-Correcting Shampoo
If you colour your hair blonde, have blonde highlights or even just ombred ends, then you NEED a purple shampoo! Purple shampoos, if a little scary in the shower, are essential to neutralising artificial blonde colour, restoring that lovely ashy blonde tone and preventing horrible brass-iness. At the moment, I'm loving this Tone-Correcting Shampoo from John Frieda, which has really refreshed my blonde highlights, making my hair appear much brighter, fresh and natural. It is suitable for everyday use and available here, for £5.89.

Aromatherapy Lavender Oil
I don't think a purple post would be complete without lavender.. So I've simply added in this pure essential oil for its benefits, as well as its truly gorgeous aroma. Lavender is such a versatile scent and wonderful for its calming effects. It is also known to help with sleep aid and can also have positive results on dry, chapped skin, insect bites, dandruff and even hayfever! I use this miracle oil daily and wouldn't be without it. You can pick some up from Holland & Barrett for just £2.99.

No. 7 Extreme Volume Mascara
Finally, I've included this superb mascara from No 7. No 7 is such a safe bet when it comes to mascaras - I've yet to be disappointed and their ever growing range of formulations. Considering I'm not usually a fan of plastic wand applicators, I actually really love this and it's so effective at combing through the lashes; detangling and separating. This in itself makes them appear longer, however this mascara truly has something of a 'lifting' effect which really opens the eyes. The formula is particularly amazing and makes this one of the most buildable mascaras I have ever used. It's incredibly smooth and I find it amplifies lashes with each layer, without making them clumpy. Perfect! You can find it in Boots for £12.50 and I would really recommend picking one up when Boots are giving away £3 discount vouchers on No 7 Make Up as for £9.50, or even £12.50 actually, I think this is one of the best drugstore mascaras available.


Have you got any purple favourites in your collection?

**GIVEAWAY AT 200 FOLLOWERS!**
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Beautiful photos! Love the purple theme :)
    That Manuka Doctor repair lotion sounds heavenly!!
    <3 Kallie, But First Coffee Blog OR But First Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kallie! Sorry I haven't replied to your email yet I've had such a busy evening just getting round to it now.
      The Manuka Dr. Moisturiser is so lovely! The scent isn't too fab but the benefits are worth it xxx

      Delete
  2. Aw I really enjoyed reading this post! The Manuka Doctor product sounds lovely! I look forward to reading more colour themed posts :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole!! More coming soon :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I use so much of the John Fredia shampoo. Anything to help the blonde hair! Great post too :)

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belle, I completely agree!! Can never have enough Sheer Blonde.. xxx

      Delete
  4. Love that colour renew shampoo, does exactly what it says on the front of the bottle! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Emma! It's really great. Thank you for reading! Xxx

      Delete
  5. I really like the manuka doctor apiclear range, The Apinourish repairing cream sounds nice! I must try that :)

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the ApiClear cleanser Rachel! I can't imagine not using it xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig