Monday, August 12, 2013

Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation

For a long time now I've been looking for a foundation that gives a beautiful, flawless finish without feeling heavy on my skin. But here it is: Vitalumière Aqua by Chanel. 


I've been putting off getting my hands on this for so long because I was worried the coverage 'wouldn't be worth the price'. When I'm buying a high end foundation, I always look for something that's really going to show off my skin. But this does so in so many ways, even with its super-light formula and Chanel go as far to call this an 'incomparable 'second-skin' perfecting result'...


The consistency of the fluid formula is very 'watery', as suggested in the name, so before applying this, you need to give it a good old shake. I find that the aqua-based formula is also best applied with your fingers to achieve its full potential. Chanel allude to the application of this as a 'sensory experience' and actually, I wouldn't question them. The foundation is so, so velvety smooth and extremely delicate on the skin, so the gorgeous light/medium coverage that it gives comes as a real surprise. My complexion is always left looking unbelievably even, fresh and radiant. It is simply wonderful and completely refreshing. I've also been really impressed with the staying power. This isn't going to last if you're dancing all through the night, but if you wear a primer and use a setting powder, I find that this will stay put for about 8 hours, which for a highly water-based foundation, is fab.

I wear the shade 02 Beige, which is really well suited to my skin tone. But I would say that the colour range is actually very limited and leaves a lot to be desired, with just nine shades to choose from. However, to swing things back into favour, the formulation also includes a mineral sunscreen, SPF 15, which I always look for in a foundation and also has that beautiful 'crystalline' lotus fragrance, that is so familiar to Chanel. 

Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation £32 | Avaialable here

The packaging is very basic: recognisably Chanel however for such an expensive product, it's very 'standard'. It's also really tiny, even though it's still the 30ml you usually get with their foundations, it does seem really diddy. Although, this does mean that it's very portable and easy to tuck into your handbag.

This is a quality foundation so obviously at £32, it doesn't come cheap. However, I don't think I've ever spent so willingly. This is worth every penny - it's the first ultra-light foundation I've found that gives a beautiful and truly flawless finish and is the perfect daytime foundation.

What's your favourite high-end foundation?


SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I've heard about this foundation a lot. I think it is slowly working its way onto my high end wish list. Great info.

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northernbeauty85.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna - it should definitely be on there it's so gorgeous!! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Dying to try this! It sounds amazing!
    Have a sample of the Estee Lauder Double Wear but it's too much coverage for me. I need to try the light version.. but by the sounds of it I think I'd prefer this! Need to source out a sample! xo

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get a couple of samples Rachael and see how you get on with it!! I've tried samples of double wear and it's too heavy for me as well. This is just perfect xxx

      Delete
  3. Love this foundation! Just wish they had more shades as they all seem so heavily yellow toned!

    www.stonesgotstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Vickie!! I was worried I wouldn't be able to find a match but luckily Beige is a good maych with my skin tone. It's a shame I wish there were more shades available xxx

      Delete
  4. Ive been meaning to try this! It sounds like such an amazing product.

    BTW, check out my post on my blogs new look and my "Beauties" section <3

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You little cutie, now I want to buy you hundreds more presents Kristen!! Xxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  5. This foundation looks great! I don't normally use high-end foundation but it's worth it if you find a really good product x

    www.lornasfabulousfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Lorna :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I adore the style of your blog!!! If you have any tips for me that would be great. I have followed you, maybe folllow back?


    http://perfectly--petite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll come and say hello Lydia :) xxx

      Delete
  7. This foundation sounds so lovely. I tried to get it but couldn't get a good match for my skin tone, so annoying! Great review, thanks for sharing! xx

    www.ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noo! That's so unfortunate Fernanda. Have you tried any other Chanel foundations? Xxx

      Delete
  8. This foundation sounds lovely, I had a sample of this a while back but the shade was way too dark. I liked the finish of it so I might just get another sample of this! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely try and get my hands on a sample of the correct colour Daphne!! Let me know how you get on with it if you're able to find one xxx

      Delete
  9. I've heard mixed reviews about this beauty
    But you were very convincing, thank you for posting this.
    I will for sure ask for a sample and see how it works on my skin.
    ^__^ Oh and I'm following you because I just love your blog.

    Kisses from Canada!
    ❤http://anamascara.blogspot.ca/❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana!! Let me know how you get on if you pick up a sample. I absolutely love it, can't stop wearing it but trying not to every day as its so expensive! Xxx

      Delete

© Beleza By Ems | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig